Friday, June 25, 2010

Food Markets Around the World

Thinking of tomorrow's Boulder Farmers Market, I'd highly recommend the current June/July issue of one of my favorite reads, Saveur magazine. Its theme is The Market Issue, making it both seasonal and global in Saveur's unique style. Most of its content is online, but the stunning photography from markets around the world can only truly be appreciated with the full magazine in hand. The introduction to the market theme, "The beauty of it all: we go to markets to nourish body, mind, and soul," says it all. Its comment, "Where else can you connect with people without the aid of a common language, and bond with them over a shared love..." reminded me of the many wonderful tourists from other countries that we frequently see joyously snapping pictures at our own Boulder Farmers Market. The article opened my eyes as to what their experience of our own market might be. It also reminded me of my own experience, strolling markets in places like Paris and Vietnam. So if you get a chance, enjoy the global wonder of Saveur's special market issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment