Tuesday, May 27, 2014

First CSA Pickup This Week

So psyched that I'll get to pick up my first biweekly batch of veggies from Red Wagon Organic Farm later this week. Here's what they say looks to be on deck:

Chive Flowers
Chive Flowers
This week we hope to bring you:

Regular Share
-Red Russian Kale
-Bok Choi
-Hakurei Turnips
-Grilling Onions
-Choice: Lettuce OR Arugula
-Choice of herbs: Sorrel OR  Mint OR Thyme OR Sage OR Tarragon OR Chives OR Garlic  Chives.

E back again. This will be so fun. By posting the likely contents, Red Wagon allows the planner in me to get in gear, while the "we hope" statement adds an element of uncertainty and possible surprise. Plus there are those OR choices - I really want the sorrel, so what if everybody else does too, and they've run out by the time I get there? Will my vision of Copper River salmon with sorrel sauce be dashed? Oh the anticipation is nearly too much to bear...

No comments:

Post a Comment