Sunday, June 19, 2016

Time To Say Goodbye

At least for now, probably for good. When I started this blog in 2009, I never expected I'd still be writing it now. 3500 posts later, here I still am. I'm a bit of an info-junkie, loving to find good info and share it with others, but looking for new content for just about every day is starting to feel a bit like a prison. Plus, the methods for finding that content have changed remarkably in these past six years, and not necessarily for the better from the perspective of writing this blog. Initially, stores faithfully kept calendars of events on their websites where I could quickly look for ideas. Whole Foods hasn't maintained its local web calendars for at least two or three years, migrating instead to media like Facebook, where I have to chase them down. And now there's another shift, with the stores putting specials out on their own apps, yet another place to chase. So what was at first fun is now becoming somewhat tiresome, and I do think I deserve a break from this.

To those wonderful people who have been following these writings, thank you with all my heart. (And a very special thank you to you, Ms. A.!) Maybe I just need a rest, then the info-junkie will take back over and get me going again. But for now, I'm really looking forward to spending less time with my fingers on a keyboard.

P.S. Don't forget all the free breakfast stations on Bike to Work Day coming up quickly this Wednesday, the 22nd. Haven't had a chance to do a post on that, but I can already see my fingers might itch to get back into writing after a rest.

1 comment:

  1. Awww! Thanks, Eileen, you're awesome and I'll miss you!

    ReplyDelete