Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Beware The Wild Weather

So nice to see some moisture return, but I wish we didn't have to swing from one extreme to the other.  I was at the new Lucky's Market yesterday afternoon, stocking up on things like asparagus for 88 cents a pound and prosciutto for under $10 a pound for my risotto.  The skies were looking dark as I entered the store, and just as I finished paying, they opened up in a huge deluge.  People hunkered around the doors rather than venturing outside, but the lightning became so fierce, we retreated further into the store.  When the downpour finally subsided, the parking lot was so flooded, I had to take off my good shoes and hike up my pants to get to my car.  Sounds like more of the same for today, so be careful out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment