Thursday, July 17, 2014

Munsons Opening Saturday?

Every year I live for the arrival of local Munson's corn, at which time they also open their farm stand at 75th and Valmont, creating a duo of farm stand heaven since Cure Organic Farm is just across the street to the south. Last time I was at the Boulder Farmers' Market, where Munsons always has a booth, I asked them how it was looking for the stand opening and was told that cool spring weather was delaying the corn crop and therefore delaying the stand. Now I see on their website that they hope to have the stand open by the 19th, which is Saturday. Oh, I hope! The first few days they offer it, the kernels on the corn are rather delicately small but succulent, then within just a few days, those kernels explode into a summer celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment