Saturday, October 4, 2014

Good Deals At Lucky's Market

Wish I had more time to mention all the good things happening at Lucky's Market in Boulder and Longmont. I rarely travel in the north Boulder area, but this week I happen to have flyers from both stores. It's all online too, but flipping through the screens takes so much more time than flipping through the paper to compare.

As usual, the Boulder Lucky's deals are strong on organic produce and "never ever" standard meats, while the one in Longmont leans more towards deals on conventional produce and "natural" meats. In Boulder through Wednesday, standouts to me include organic red or green seedless grapes just $1.77 a pound, organic Fuji apples or Bartlett pears both $1.48 a pound, organic pomegranates $2 each (same in Longmont) if you have patience to deal with them, made in-house Greek flattened chicken $2.99 a pound with "never ever" standards (they are SO good on the grill, bet they're fine in the oven too), made in house kabobs $6.99 a pound for swordfish, $7.99 a pound for "never ever" beef, and their own oh so good salmon burgers $2.99 each (think they were $4.99 at the Longmont Lucky's yesterday, but can't swear to it).

At the Longmont Lucky's through Wednesday, I'm liking natural half fryer chickens just $1.69 a pound and (farmed) Atlantic salmon fillet for $7.99 a pound, but buyer beware on both. The Longmont meat and fish department continues to have some pricing glitches, and yesterday they quickly corrected the fryers I picked up, which were marked at their regular $3.99 a pound instead of $1.69, big difference. And when I got home, I found my salmon was priced at $12.99 a pound instead of $7.99, so that label and receipt are saved for my next trip. Guess I need to put on my reading glasses more often. Anyway, Longmont also has marinated chicken wings for $2.99 a pound, tuna kabobs $7.99 a pound, and chicken (pork also) brats for $2.47 a pound.

In other departments, specials are looking pretty much identical between the two stores except for bulk and bakery. My eye is on house-made chicken pot pies for $4.99 each (through Wednesday, while that's just the weekend price at Whole Foods), kale and almonds Brussels sprouts slaw for $5.99 a pound (got some to go with tonight's chicken brats bbq), parmesan parsley pasta just $2.99 a pound, Late July organic tortilla chips $1.99 a bag, and local organic Hope hummus just $2.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment