Sunday, February 28, 2010

More Dinners For This Week

The organic romas for $1/lb at both Sunflower and Whole Foods are continuing to drive my thinking. Since Sunflower has pretty large shrimp for $5.99/lb (and I have a bag in the freezer that I bought for less), I'm thinking Cooking Light's spicy shrimp and fettuccine with extra romas, and more romas in the salad made with $1 organic lettuce from Sunflower.

The pizza already made from that big ball of fresh dough from Whole Foods (with chicken and roma tomato deals) makes more than enough pizza for two dinners for two, so that will be a reprise.

Looking for more ways to use this week's chicken breast sales at both Sprouts and Sunflower, I'm going for spicy roast chicken with tomatoes and marjoram from Bon Appetit, going lighter by using the skinless chicken breasts, and maybe substituting sliced sale romas for the cherry tomatoes. With the oven running, baked organic yams ($1/lb at Sunflower) and roasted asparagus (97 cents/lb at Sunflower) will make good sides.

Finally, we need some rice, and with beautiful organic chard on sale until Tuesday for $1.50 at Whole Foods, and chicken sausage $2.99/lb at both Sprouts and Sunflower, I'm ready to get a jump on spring with sausage risotto with spring greens from Bon Appetit. Can't wait until the real spring greens come around, and I can ride my bike out to Cure Organic Farm to pick up their wonderful baby greens mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment