Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sunflower Now Open in Lafayette

The new Sunflower is having its grand opening today in Lafayette (and a new store in Thornton, too), and it's a festive scene. The store is located on South Boulder Road, just east of 287. I got there early, but not early enough for one of the 200 special grocery bags (rumor had it only those who were in line by 6:30 managed to snag those). I did still get yet another regular free reusable bag with my purchase to add to my collection. The store is crowded, but they've smartly brought in some seasoned employees from other stores to help keep the service running smoothly through the crush of people. There are some grand opening specials exclusive to the store, like 17 oz bottles of Sunflower's own extra virgin olive oil for $4.99, and I overheard several happy shoppers commenting on how great it will be to not have to drive so far for their natural foods shopping. A welcome addition to Boulder County's natural foods empire. Meanwhile, that excursion delayed my usual highlighting of the new deals starting in our stores today, but I hope to have that info posted a little later. Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment