Monday, October 11, 2010

A Vinegar Price Comparison

Call it an accidental price comparison, unlike some comprehensive ones I've set out to do previously. I'd run out of sherry vinegar, a favorite in my house, and since its price runs on the high side, I checked all the stores I was in over the past week for relative prices. Napa Valley Naturals seems to be the sherry vinegar of choice for our local Boulder natural stores to carry, and here's what I found, all for the 375 ml bottle.

Sprouts: $6.49

Sunflower: $6.59

Vitamin Cottage: could not find any sherry vinegar, but in the course of looking, discovered they carry cooking wine, an unusual find in our natural grocery stores. Not to be used for wine-centric recipes, but very convenient for those that call for a splash.

Whole Foods (Pearl Street): $6.99

No comments:

Post a Comment