Monday, May 19, 2014

CSA Starting Shortly!

I'm so psyched that my Red Wagon Organic Farm CSA pickups will start shortly. The CSA actually starts this week, but to ease into the concept, I opted for a biweekly pickup that will start next week. I'm looking forward to this with anticipation and a certain sense of dread as to how losing control of my veggie selections will mess with my mind as a planner. But now I find I might be in something of a middle ground, as Red Wagon does a blog that will give me a weekly heads up about the pickup veggies. (Am I somehow disappointed by this news, secretly wanting to see how I'd react to dealing with a surprise box every other week?) Here's the list from Red Wagon's week 1, which would still contain a few sand traps, as evidently some choice is still involved. How does one choose between kale or bok choi before knowing what's to be cooked? Ditto the fresh herbs. I almost think I'd prefer to be totally surprised, then have to deal with it. This is going to be fun, and a new, more flexible me might come out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment