Sunday, January 3, 2010

Brussels Sprouts Sliders!

Finally, I have a chance to try Brussels sprouts sliders, which conjure up such a cute image of roasted sprouts with ham and mustard tucked in the middle. Mark Bittman listed these as number 42 in one of his brilliant "101 things" articles in the New York Times, this one on 101 Head Starts on the Day, initially published for Thanksgiving. It fits perfectly, as I have leftover Brussels sprouts to use up (from Christmas, not Thanksgiving!), and the oven will be going anyway with the turkey breast roast (today's the last day to get it at Whole Foods for $3.99/lb!). I like cooking that is quick and easy but really, really good, so Bittman, who styles himself as The Minimalist, is totally my hero. He's done other "101" lists that have created a feeding frenzy, so to speak, when they've come out, and I'll get a list of them together when I have more time. I also like a guy who can spell correctly, or at least has a good editor. Never occurred to me that it's Brussels sprouts, not Brussel sprouts, but duh, of course it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment