Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Good Stuff at Munson's and Cure Organic Farm

Made a trip out to my favorite farmstands at 75th and Valmont today and saw a very tempting array of fruits and veggies. Since Cure Organic Farm now has their store (okay, technically "its store," but that sounds weird) open on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10 to 6, in addition to the self serve stand on all other days, I headed inside there to check things out. The chard bunches were absolutely sumptuous, as were several types of beets, the green beans, and much more. Since today I was only looking for fresh corn, I took the opportunity to ask the person in the store about the sweet corn I'd seen one day at their unattended self serve stand. Turns out that they sometimes get corn from Munson's stand across the street to add to their offerings, so since that's my favorite corn place anyway, I headed over there.

In addition to their own wonderful pesticide-free corn and some of their own veggies, Munson's increasingly has offerings from elsewhere locally. Beautiful small watermelons were being unloaded from a farm about 10 miles east as I arrived (the woman at the counter didn't know the name of the farm, but thought their cantaloupes also came from the same place). And they have long had peaches from Palisade, probably before anybody else around here got excited about them and turned them into a mini-craze. Let's continue to celebrate the corn and peach season!

No comments:

Post a Comment