Saturday, August 14, 2010

Roasted Chilies Scored at Today's Farmers Market!

Knew I was jumping the gun in wanting to see chile roasting everywhere this weekend, with the arrival of the first of the Hatch green chile crop from New Mexico. The folks at the Boulder Farmers Market report that the guys who bring in their big chile roaster aren't expected for maybe another couple of weeks. But I was thrilled to see that Isabelle Farm had their own Anaheim chilies available, roasted just last night, and sold in one pound bags. They also had a few bags of roasted jalapenos, which sounds like dangerous stuff to me. So I'll continue with my chile-centric thinking for the week, since today's purchase should carry me through until the big roasters arrive.

Otherwise, the market was what you'd expect at the height of the season: overflowing with produce, crowds, dogs, strollers, and people trying to park. Definitely the place to ride your bike today, if you're thinking of going. It's probably the best time of year for the greatest variety of veggies, but think about your local farmstands, too, if you'd prefer to avoid the crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment