Friday, September 10, 2010

Sockeye Salmon Season Ceasing

Say that five times fast. All good things come to an end, and it looks like we're close to it for this year's fresh wild sockeye salmon season. I've seen signs in two Whole Food stores recently (one today) saying that this is the end of the sockeye season. Guess I was very lucky last week to have gotten fresh sockeye at King Soopers for just $6.99/lb as a substitute for the coho that was advertised. As you can see from the salmon specials listed to the left, we still have good options in coho/sockeye/king this week (so long as they don't sell out), so enjoy while you can. I'm also looking forward to trying Norwegian farmed salmon, which I hear is wonderful, but the wild variety options keep pulling me away during the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment