Thursday, March 3, 2011

Kudos To Amazon.com

I take a fair number of magazine subscriptions, many of them cooking-related, so I want to give Amazon.com a big thumbs up as a place to get your magazines. I've been so impressed with their prices and subscription management, I'm in the process of switching all my subscriptions over to them as they come up for renewal. What's prompting this post is the arrival of the March issue of my beloved Saveur magazine earlier this week, beautifully transitioned to a subscription through Amazon at a better price than the publisher offered, with no interruption in service. Amazon's prices in my experience are always better than you will get from the publisher, and sometimes spectacularly so; a Conde Nast publication I take was over $30 for a year through the publisher, but just $10 through Amazon. As with the publishers, Amazon might try to steer you to an auto-renew option, but if you look more closely, I've always found a non-auto-renew option at the same price, if that's your preference. Amazon's "Subscription Manager" is also a handy tool - it will show you the status of all your subscriptions through them, of course including expiration dates. My experience to date with all of this has been totally accurate, which is a thing of beauty in anything in life, but is an amazing occurrence in magazine subscriptions.

No comments:

Post a Comment