Thursday, March 3, 2011

This Week's Boulder Salmon Scene

For those of us who are salmon fanatics, we revel in fresh, wild caught salmon through the summer, then work our way through the rest of the year eating the previously frozen variety, while counting the days until the fresh season begins again. Since I had some frozen salmon that tasted a bit off a few weeks ago from a store I won't mention, I'm wondering if the frozen salmon season might have its own fin de saison. That said as a bit of a caution, we have a number of advertised sales this week, at a variety of prices. Here are the ones in front of me, in order of price:

Sunflower: "wild caught sockeye salmon fillet" $7.99/lb through 3/9,

Safeway: "Alaskan sockeye salmon fillets, wild caught" $8.99/lb club price through 3/8,

Sprouts: "Alaskan sockeye salmon filets" $10.99/lb through 3/9, and

Whole Foods: "wild caught sockeye salmon fillet" $12.99/lb through 3/15.

(And while I may have my fair share of typos, Sprouts' choice of "filet" as a spelling isn't one of them. It's a legit alternative spelling that does appear in my dictionary.)

No comments:

Post a Comment