Thursday, May 5, 2011

New Deals At Alfalfa's

While at Alfalfa's today, I picked up their sales flyer with specials that run through May 17th. Looking especially good to me are their Meyer Natural Angus New York strip steaks at $10.99 a pound, $5 off. The Meyer ribeyes they had on sale last week were excellent. Fresh Mexican bay scallops (Monterey Bay Certified) are $7.99 a pound. (I haven't had a chance to try much of their seafood yet, but the swordfish I bought on opening day was about the best I've ever had, plus I like their sustainability commitment.) Organic produce also has some good deals, including green beans at $1.49 a pound, zucchini and yellow squash just 99 cents a pound, Valencia oranges even cheaper at 49 cents a pound, and red, green, or romaine lettuce $1.50 a head.

No comments:

Post a Comment