Sunday, April 14, 2013

Weekday Dinner Ideas

Weekday, yes, but I might as well start with today, since I never managed to find time to post the weekend ones, and tonight's will also appear later in the week.  Since boneless pork shoulder roast is a stunningly low $1.49 a pound at Sprouts through Wednesday, that's prompted me to pull out my Crock Pot for an old favorite, slow cooked Tuscan pork with white beans from Cooking Light.  This cut of pork, while inexpensive, also received high marks from a Cooks Illustrated grading of various pork cuts (more on that later, time permitting).

I'll grab some of the really big shrimp for $6.77 a pound at Sprouts' 72 hour sale that ends today to do some variety of shrimp and grits tomorrow, probably the smoky shrimp and grits from Food and Wine magazine.  Some of the asparagus Sprouts has for $1.28 a pound will go on the side.

Tuesday will be our usual reheat of something big made over the weekend, which as just reported is our slow cooked Tuscan pork with white beans.  Side veggie added and that's it.

We'll need to catch more of that $1.28 a pound asparagus at Sprouts by the sale's end on Wednesday, and there's been no pasta on deck yet this week, so we'll go for a spring-like pasta with sugar snap peas, asparagus and Parmesan from Bon Appetit, which gives us a vegetarian dinner as well for Wednesday.  I also love a main course that has only five ingredients (although I have a penchant for adding a touch of crushed red pepper or cayenne to this, making it six).

Thursday?  I'm afraid I just haven't decided yet.  Some flexibility has to be in order, both in blogging and in our own cooking plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment