Monday, November 11, 2013

Lucky's Is Independent!

I find it interesting that in the past couple of weeks, I've spoken with three different well-travelled people, all thinking that when I write about our local Lucky's Market, it's associated with the Lucky's supermarket brand with a long history in California.  As far as I can tell, while the name is certainly close, there is no association.  Our Lucky's Market started with a single store in north Boulder many years ago, although it looks to be expanding rapidly now, with the recent openings of the nearby Longmont store, and also one in Columbus, Ohio.  An "independently owned and operated" store with a strong focus on natural and organic foods, you can see a snapshot of them here.  I might have shopped at one of those California Lucky's a long time ago, but more likely it was at Stater Brothers, another California name I was trying to recall in a recent conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment