Friday, November 7, 2014

Weekend Dinner Plans (Not)

This exemplifies why I've largely stopped posting the menu plans that were the genesis of this blog at the request of friends. As time went on, I found myself always expecting to do links to gourmet recipes instead of the simplicity of my original decent cooking for a busy life, then it was further complicated by the opening of the Lucky's Market in Longmont with some very good specials, in my travel path, unlike the north Boulder Lucky's. So why share menus focusing on specials outside my supposed Boulder coverage, and reverting to simplicity? Case in point is this weekend, when tonight we'll do the easy option of crab cakes from the Longmont Lucky's for just $2.99 each (the Boulder store may also have them but possibly/probably not at that price, no time to check). With beautiful weather still in store for Saturday (Monday and Tuesday look like a wild return to seasonal and/or winter after this warm weather), we'll send the family griller out in the dark to do the New York strip steaks previously reported as a one-day sale at Whole Foods today (look just below). Then for Sunday I'll turn to an old favorite, chicken paprikash from Cooking Light, given that the Longmont Lucky's has natural boneless skinless chicken breasts for just $1.98 a pound through Wednesday. I doubt the Boulder Lucky's has that price, as I've mentioned before, the Boulder store goes with the higher "never ever" standards, while Longmont goes with natural and tested for antibiotics. Anyway, that's the plan, for what it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment