Wednesday, December 31, 2014

This Week's Hot Grocery Deals (IMHO)

We have new sales starting today at our Boulder Sprouts and Whole Foods, while both are also doing "double ad Wednesday" today, customary for Sprouts but most unusual for Whole Foods, and Vitamin Cottage should be on its previously reported sale hiatus. Here's what's looking good to me in the new sales.

At Sprouts through January 7th, value packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts are $1.99 a pound, boneless New York steaks are $8.99 a pound, all fresh chicken sausage is $3.99 a pound, ground turkey breast is also $3.99 a pound, and their very good stuffed chicken breasts are yet again $3.99 a pound. In fish, fresh farmed Atlantic salmon fillets are low at $5.99 a pound, fresh farmed tilapia is $6.99 a pound (same price for trout or catfish), and 31/40 count peeled and deveined raw shrimp are $9.99 a pound.

In organic produce at Sprouts, green curly kale is just 98 cents a bunch, broccoli is $1.48 a pound, Fuji or Gala apples are both $1.48 a pound, grapefruit or Valencia oranges are $2.50 for a four pound bag, and blackberries are $2.50 for a 5.6 ounce container. Elsewhere in the store, all Kashi items are 30% off, plus if you buy four, they'll take an additional $4 off at the register, and the Ezekiel 4:9 bread I like is $3.99 a loaf.

I tried to stop by the Whole Foods on Pearl Street to pick up a few things (most importantly the new sale flyer), but just as it was on Christmas Eve, the parking lot looked impossible. The flyer they have online is still the one ending today, maybe because of the overlapping sales, so I'll do my best looking at the features in limited boxes they also post, much harder for me to work with. In their new sale through January 13th, I'm liking turkey or chicken kale sausage links for $4.99 a pound (not everybody's taste but it's right down my alley), Fonterra New Zealand grass fed cheddar at $6.99 a pound, and for my gluten-free friends, four-packs of Dancing Dear chocolate chunk brownies for $4.99. Once I see the full flyer, I'm sure I'll find much more to like.

Happy New Year's Eve - stay safe and warm in this cold weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment