Sunday, December 27, 2015

Chef's Call Back Actually Works!

As previously mentioned, with Chef's Catalog's most unfortunate going out of business sale, it has been impossible to place an order through the overloaded website, and I had their phone line on speakerphone for at least an hour and a half this morning hoping to get through. During that time, I heard frequent messages that you could request a call-back and still maintain your place in the queue, but with the way things go these days, I just didn't believe it. But when giving up on the phone call, I requested the call-back, and lo!, at 1:30 this afternoon, I got one. That's from being 217th in line very early this morning. I would have expected a totally stressed responder, but Denise was absolutely perfect, getting my order exactly correct while thanking me for condolences re the closing (this must effect folks like her particularly hard, so sad to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment