Sunday, December 27, 2015

Giving Up On Chef's Sale

As mentioned yesterday (post just below), Chef's Catalog is sadly going out of business, and announced considerable discounts yesterday. They have some flatware I've been interested in, but their poor website must be so overloaded, it's completely disfunctional in terms of placing orders. So a little before 7:30 this morning, I called their customer service number (800 338-3232) and spent about 20 minutes doing redial just to get past a busy signal before finally reaching the system. There, I found I was 217th in line to place an order. Given that I've now been waiting a full hour and a half with their hold music on speakerphone, I think it's time to give up and get on with my day. But darn, I did want that flatware.

No comments:

Post a Comment