Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Lucky to Have Lucky's

Much as I enjoy the natural stores that are closer to me, those folks living in north Boulder are fortunate to have a charm like Lucky's Market nearby. I rarely cover them since they're not in my usual travel pattern and, as befits an independent store probably not employing a 24/7 webmaster, their new Wednesday specials usually aren't posted on their website when I review prices early in the morning. But I happened to be in the neighborhood today and saw some exciting stuff. While I thought Sprouts was doing well with organic broccoli for 99 cents a pound ending today, Lucky's beat the bejeezus out of them at 49 cents a pound, and yes, it's organic. That special must be one that's ending today, as I don't see it in the new flyer I picked up. But the new flyer has another stunner: organic avocados at 50 cents each, and they're a nice hefty size (I can see avocado fans rejoicing as I write). Other good looking new deals include boneless center cut pork chops for $3.99 a pound (including a promise of no antibiotics, in addition to the usual suspects), fresh Atlantic salmon fillets (farmed is our only fresh option at this time of year) for $8.99 a pound, selected 64 oz Organic Valley Rocky Mountain Pastures organic milk for $2.49, organic green chard for $1.50 a bunch, and organic zucchini at $1.99 a pound, not bad in the depths of winter. Enjoy, you lucky north Boulderites!

No comments:

Post a Comment