Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentine's Day Dinner Preview

Valentine's Day falls on a Monday this year, and its too important to leave to my usual weekday dinner planning to be done tomorrow. For a holiday pitched with surf 'n turf specials, my thinking tends to be a bit unorthodox. To me, the underlying message of a Valentine's dinner of filet mignon topped with Bearnaise sauce, with a cheese- and cream-laced potato gratin on the side is "Honey, I wish you'd drop dead, and I'm feeding you to expedite the process." To the contrary, my plan is a delicious salmon dish that's special enough to mark the occasion, but simple and easy at the same time: salmon, mustard greens, and potatoes with mustard-dill glaze from Bon Appetit. As you can see, the recipe covers all the main course elements in one concept, tying the three together with the mustard dill sauce. Healthy, easy, yet elegant and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment