Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Return of the Giant Basil Plants

About a month and a half ago, our local Whole Foods stores had big one-gallon pots holding multiple organic basil plants selling for just $5 (indeed, I said organic for that size and price). I bought two, but our nights were still too cool to actually plant them outside back then. While they waited indoors, one met an unfortunate demise when a stack of newspaper en route to recycling accidentally landed on top of it. I immediately sought a replacement, but the gallon plants had vanished. I'm therefore pleased to report that they have returned in a big way, at least at the Pearl Street store, where I found glorious displays of them in several spots around the store today. My new one will get replanted straight into a large pot outside, next to its original surviving brother (or I guess step-brother), which is thriving.

No comments:

Post a Comment