Friday, April 20, 2012

Weekend Dinner Ideas

With a busy Friday ahead, here's a quick rundown on weekend dinner plans. Tonight will be pizza alla salsiccia (sausage pizza) from Cooking Light, basically just because I feel like it. With warmer temperatures and spring produce starting to come in, I feel the days of wanting something hot out of the oven are numbered, so we'll have it while it still sounds great. And Sprouts has all their varieties of chicken sausage for $2.99 a pound this week, not that it's ever very expensive anyway.

Continuing with the warming comfort food theme for tomorrow, I'll take advantage of Sprouts' $3.99 stew beef ($4.99 at Sunflower) to do one last round of chipotle beef stew from Gourmet magazine before spring food fever really hits me. Maybe it's because I haven't yet had a chance to get to the Boulder Farmers' Market, newly opened for the season, that I'm so in the mood for one more round of winter favorites.

But with beautiful weather, we'll certainly need to grill something by Sunday, and I'm thinking about those fine air chilled split chicken breasts that Whole Foods has for $2.99 a pound, $2 off their usual. They'd be fine just straight on the grill, but I'm thinking about adapting Elena's recipe for mustard lime chicken, using that oh so flavorful marinade to color the bone-in breasts from Whole Foods. The organic zucchini that Whole Foods has for $1.99 a pound will also be great on the grill.

Which quickly completes the weekend dinner planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment