Wednesday, February 10, 2016

This Week's Hot Grocery Deals (IMHO)

This will be a shortened version, as I look at Sprouts' new specials the old fashioned way, looking at the sale flyer, and my Daily Camera newspaper has not been delivered, and going between so many screens is just too tedious. (I'm in a Catch 22 with that flyer - about the only reason I still bother to subscribe to the paper is the ads, and I can't get them in my mailbox because I subscribe.)

In any case, in Sprouts' new sale through February 17th, value packs of boneless skinless chicken breasts are very good at $1.77 a pound, all chicken sausage is $3.99 a pound, their very good stuffed chicken breasts are $2.99 a pound, boneless ribeyes are $10.99 a pound, and filet mignon is $13.99 a pound. In fish, previously frozen wild sockeye salmon fillets are $6.99 a pound, and previously frozen five ounce lobster tails are $5.99 each.

In organic produce at Sprouts, cauliflower is just 88 cents a pound (so good roasted), on-the-vine cluster tomatoes look good at $1.98 a pound, five pound bags of table carrots or russet potatoes are just $2.98 each, and four pound bags of Valencia oranges or grapefruit are also $2.98 each. In conventional produce, asparagus is notable at $1.88 a pound. Elsewhere in the store, I'm liking their bulk coffee at $7.99 a pound (includes organic ones), some DeLallo organic whole wheat pasta $1.50 a bag, some Lundberg rice 35% off, and Chobani Greek yogurts great at 79 cents each. There's more, but I can only take so much time to go back and forth between screens, hope I got the best.

At Whole Foods through February 16th, I'm liking uncooked wild 16/20 count white shrimp at $12.99 a pound, $5 off, three types of American Homestead pork spare ribs $3.99 a pound, Wellshire Black Forest bacon $7.99 a pound, their own smoked mozzarella pasta salad $8.99 a pound, and Theo organic chocolate peanut butter cups $1.50 each. For organic on-the-vine tomatoes, I'd stick with the Sprouts sale, as Whole Foods' sale price is $1 higher per pound.

No comments:

Post a Comment