Tuesday, July 27, 2010

End of Snap Pea Season Already

I never realized how short the season for local sugar snap peas is. Seems it arrives in a burst of glory, then quickly departs. It was only a week or two ago that every vendor at the Boulder Farmers Market was pushing them hard, with somebody in front of every stand giving out samples. I was just out at my favorite farmstands at 75th and Valmont, and neither Cure Organic Farm or Munson's had any. The lady at Munson's told me she thought they were done for the season, and it's now too hot for them (I'd agree with that today!). Looks like I'll need to make an adjustment for tonight's linguine with summer succotash, substituting zucchini (plenty of that around) or maybe just some defrosted peas for the sugar snaps. Darn.

No comments:

Post a Comment