Saturday, July 3, 2010

Today's Boulder Farmers Market Report

I swear this will be my last report about the Saturday Boulder Farmers Market, at least until the snow starts flying. So crowded: people, dogs, strollers, you name it. It started with the parking, cars stacked up everywhere trying to get into the city lots on 14th Street. I gave up and went to the garage at Broadway and Walnut, probably the worst-designed garage in the world. Despite the crowds, the market's produce was its own reward. I've previously commented on how varied our options now are, and they grew even bigger today with the introduction of zucchini, yellow squash, and fennel at several of my favorite organic farm booths. The Monroe organic farm also had the first cucumber sighting. Seems like we have everything organic and locally now with the notable exceptions of tomatoes and corn. The beets I bought at the Full Circle booth for Monday's upcoming beet salad have such gorgeous tops, they will become an extra side dish for tonight's bbq rib dinner. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment