Tuesday, July 27, 2010

An Organic Corn Sighting?

I was surprised to see ears of sweet corn at my favorite Cure Organic Farm stand today, as I don't recall ever seeing it there last year. Since the stand is self-serve (except when they replace it with their new store on Wednesdays and Saturdays), there was no one to ask about it, so I'd have to assume it's their own, and therefore organic. Much as I love the corn from Munson's just north of the Cure stand, Munson's is pesticide free, while something from Cure would be even better if it's really organic (and at the same price, 50 cents each, as Munson's). Hmm, something I need to confirm. Meanwhile, the Cure stand also had my first bean sighting of the season, both green and yellow (aka wax to some of us) beans, yum.

P.S. We had welcome proof last night that Munson's corn remains truly pesticide-free, since a couple of friends had to be removed from the ears before the corn went into our shrimp and corn pilaf. If your corn has been treated with so much stuff that no other creature is interested in it, you have to wonder why you would be, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment