Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekday Dinner Ideas

Looking at my list of dinner plans, I clearly didn't take tomorrow's Chinese New Year into account, as the super asparagus sale at Sunflower has led me to plan for asparagus and leek risotto with prosciutto from Bon Appetit. Hopefully I'll get a couple of points for its being rice-based, with nice veggie components, hallmarks of Chinese cuisine.

Tuesday is our usual reheat of something big made over the weekend, which this week is the New England seafood chowder from Bon Appetit. Salad, a bit of fresh bread, and that's dinner.

I've been craving homemade pizza, so for Wednesday, I'm going to cave and make pizza alla salsiccia from Cooking Light. Both Sprouts and Sunflower have chicken sausage on sale through Wednesday, and I like to make this on a bed of Whole Foods' fresh multigrain pizza dough. One ball of the dough covers an entire baking sheet, so the toppings need to be about doubled to cope, leading to lots of leftovers and pizza heaven.

Thursday will be our quick, end of the week standby, sauteed pork chops from the very good sale Sprouts has through Wednesday on center-cut boneless ones. A microwaved "baked" potato, and perhaps more asparagus caught at Sunflower by Wednesday will round things out.

Which gets us through to next Friday's planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment