Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekday Dinner Ideas

Happy Father's Day to all you fathers out there.  In my blogging custom, I'll outline dinner plans for the coming week, but this might be the last full one for a while.  I'm finding I'm spending way too much time messing with this when there's so much else to be done, and especially when it's so beautiful outside.  So I'll be seeking a better balance in the future, but here's what's on deck for this week while I'm still at it.

I'm grabbing some of that $2.99 a pound asparagus that's on sale at Whole Foods through today in their weekender sale to do penne with asparagus, spinach and bacon from Cooking Light tomorrow.  I also saw asparagus for $2.99 at Sprouts, but the asparagus I saw at Whole Foods a couple of days ago looked tastier.  I've also picked up organic spinach at the Farmers' Market, but Sprouts still has it at the remarkable price of $3.99 a pound.

Tuesday will be our usual reheat of something big made over the weekend, which this week is tonight's kale and white bean stew from Food and Wine magazine.  The organic kale is also from the Farmers' Market, although Sprouts, at least at the Arapahoe store, has it for something like $1.50 a bunch, half what I opted to pay a local organic farmer.

Think I've planned on doing this previously but things got in the way, so this week I'm committed to doing sausage risotto with spring greens from Bon Appetit Wednesday, having a big bag of beautiful braising mix from Cure Organic Farm, plus the chicken sausage that's so often $2.99 a pound at Sprouts.

I'll grab ground chicken breast or turkey breast, both on sale for $3.99 a pound at Sprouts through Wednesday, to do spicy Thai basil chicken from Cooking Light.  Love the low carb meal it makes, wrapped in lettuce leaves.

And that's it for now.  Enjoy the day - I intend to!

No comments:

Post a Comment