Wednesday, January 22, 2014

This Week's Hot Grocery Deals (IMHO)

We have a new sale starting today at our Boulder Sprouts stores, while the current one continues at Whole Foods through January 28th.  Vitamin Cottage seems to be on sale hiatus, as when I stopped by recently, they had no sale flyers.  Here's what's looking good to me now.

Some weeks are better than others in terms of sales, and Sprouts seems to be pulling out all the stops this week, at least for the types of items that appeal to me.  In their new sale through the 29th, a highlight is a Gluten-Free favorites sale, with select items a whopping 40% off. The trick is that it is now select rather than across the board, so I hope my favorites are among their favorites too.  At least I see my fave Nut Thins included in the picture, and I hope yummy Pamela's cookies are also in the sale. If Lundberg rice is included, I'm in heaven.

The attractive deals also make their way into fish and meat at Sprouts, where fresh (farmed) Atlantic salmon fillets are just $5.99 a pound and wild Alaskan previously frozen cod fillets are $6.99 a pound. Swordfish steaks are also $6.99 a pound but never seem to be from the USA anymore, and fresh boneless catfish fillets are $5.99 a pound, but I haven't eaten catfish since sharing an airport shuttle with a fish-savvy dude who told me he didn't eat catfish because he'd "never eat a bottom-feeder." There's an image for you.  In meat, boneless center-cut pork loin chops are $2.99 a pound, chicken breast tenders are $1.99 a pound, fresh ground chicken, pork or chicken breast are all $3.99 a pound, three types of chicken sausage are $2.99 a pound, and boneless New York steaks are $7.99 a pound.

In organic produce at Sprouts, there's a theme of $1.50, with bunched spinach, green or red leaf lettuce, curly, Lacinato or Russian red kales, red, green or rainbow chard all $1.50 a bunch, and broccoli or cauliflower $1.50 a head. Russet potatoes or yellow onions are just 88 cents a pound, and Braeburn or red delicious apples are 98 cents a pound, a great price for an organic apple.

Elsewhere in the store at Sprouts, I'm liking Chobani Greek yogurts for $1 each, select gluten-free San-J 10 ounce sauce bottles at $2 each (and it looks like my fave reduced sodium soy sauce is in the picture), plus the gluten-free sale that's all over the store. Looks like a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment