Monday, April 28, 2014

Going With A CSA

As previously mentioned, I've been angsting about whether to take the plunge and sign up for a CSA this year, knowing full well not having control over the veggies coming into my house will wreak havoc on my control-freak psyche (tendency to plan well might put it more gently). But Red Wagon Organic Farm, one of my favorite local farms in any case, has a CSA option that's simply irresistible. Of their several pickup options, one of them is at a location and time that simply could not be more convenient for me. Moreover, they even offer an every other week option, so I can take a half plunge this year to test it out. We'll see how this plays out. Intensive planning and reliance on recipes mark me as a totally ineffectual cook, so maybe improvising with whatever arrives will turn me into the next Julia Child. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment