Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Diabolical Appetizer Idea

I'm expecting there will be two, possibly three New England ex-pats at my western Thanksgiving table, and I've just encountered a really tempting appetizer idea for them in the current issue of Martha Stewart Living. It's for baked clam dip, which Martha calls a nod to New England. The kicker is that it is served with potato chips, and I've been looking for an excuse to buy Charles Chips online ever since I heard the company revived in an attempt to recapture its glory days in my childhood. Back then, every family room had the iconic tan and brown tin, which was refilled whenever the Charlie Chip truck cruised the neighborhood (although they are technically Charles Chips they were always known as Charlie). Now I'll have to buy them online, and had balked at the idea of paying $20 for three bags of chips to be delivered. But with this appetizer for Thanksgiving and the New England ex-pats at my table, I just might have to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment