Friday, December 11, 2009

A Few Words About This Blog

While this is just a prototype, as I see how this might work and obtain permissions from certain sources I'd involve, I hope this will turn into a fun and helpful source for Boulder grocery shoppers, cooks, and food lovers in general. My goal is to take advantage of the best weekly deals at Boulder's natural food stores, primarily Whole Foods, Sunflower, and Sprouts, to plan out my dinner menus with an eye towards each week's specials. Lucky's is also great, but too far from my house (unless they open a second store at Broadway and Baseline, as is rumored). By focusing on sales, my plans are by default pretty seasonal, which is now a hip thing to do. I also like cooking that is relatively healthy and definitely easy and quick. You won't find any elaborate, how the heck am I supposed to do that kind of recipes here. But while I might be aiming for healthy dishes and ingredients, please note that I make no claims regarding the health or medical status of anything I recommend. I'll also throw in a note or two as events of interest arise in Boulder's restaurant scene, although I'm usually too busy cooking to eat out. So my posts will be personal, subjective, and I hope maybe useful to Boulder cooks looking to save a little time. And if readers chime in with their own observations on food deals, we could really get something going!

No comments:

Post a Comment