Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Whole Foods Deals

Whole Foods may have a (mostly undeserved) reputation as Whole Paycheck, but the quality of much of their stock, especially meat and seafood, is so good, it deserves to cost more. And if you watch them closely (or simply read here), you can find fabulous deals to make that quality fit more wallets. I was just at the Pearl Street store, where they have a today-only excellent sale on some meat. Items I saw, all at nearly or more than half price, were whole chickens at 99 cents/lb, Virginia baked ham at $2.99/lb, and bone-in spiral ham at $3.99/lb. I didn't check expiration dates, but if I remember correctly, vacuum-packed hams can keep quite a while. I can't say if these deals are available at the other local WF stores today, but tomorrow, a 3 Day After New Years Sale starts at all of them. Standouts again to me are in the meat and fish departments, with boneless turkey breast roast nearly half price at $3.99/lb (I might postpone my plans to use their $2.99 turkey tenderloin based on this), organic grass-fed beef boneless rump roast at $3.99/lb, and Whole Catch cod fillets, $3 off at $4.99 each. I believe the cod will be their nice frozen package, handy to have in your freezer. Aleutia sockeye salmon will also be $4 off at $10.99/lb, and it was already flying out of the seafood department today. From partway across the vast Pearl Street store, I heard a hearty cry that I initially mistook for "Need pollution in the case!". Of course, it was "Need Aleutia in the case!".

No comments:

Post a Comment