Saturday, December 19, 2009

Next Week's Dinners

Such a busy week, so this is only a draft, but here goes. Yesterday, I picked up a cinque formaggio pizza at Whole Foods (the large is on sale for $7.99), that I dressed up with some Yves veggie pepperoni and fresh mushrooms. Tonight is a wonderful fish bbq: halibut on sale at Whole Foods for $14.99, that I'll accompany with some multi-color pasta shells from Whole Foods (adding olive oil or butter, parsley and garlic to the cooked pasta), and red chard (more garlic and some red pepper there). All this is based on Whole Foods to take advantage of their $10 off coupon at the Superior store, that's within easy reach for me. For Sunday, we'll do the vegetarian butternut and sweet potato soup I've previously mentioned from the New York Times. If you are not already a NYT online reader, you should be asked for a quick registration to see the recipe. Being on the seasonal path, butternut squash and sweet potatoes are both reasonably priced everywhere. In addition to salad, we'll have Whole Food's wonderful Seeduction bread as a side, mentioned in my hot deals to the left, as it's half price for a couple of weeks. As for Monday, it's National Burger Day!! Thanks to fabulous Restaurant 4580 for pointing this out. So we'll have burgers (pulled from the freezer from a previous incredible Whole Foods sale) with frozen Whole Foods fries, plus a bunch of lettuce, tomato, and avocado on the side. For Tuesday, since that butternut soup made so much, it's a simple reprise! All you have to make is a side salad, and defrost some of the great Seeduction bread frozen from the Whole Foods sale this week. Wednesday is looking like I'll pull some Copper River salmon from the freezer (chicken breasts or pork chops would be a simple alternative), with baked (aka microwaved) potatoes on the side from the big 5 pound bag I just got at Whole Foods for $2.50, plus another veggie. Beyond that, I have ideas for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but they're too important to finalize quite yet. The above ideas have more Whole Foods recommendations than I usually make, but I haven't yet done my rounds at Boulder's other natural food stores. Still need to pick up my week's organic, Fair Trade coffee at Sprouts for $8.99/lb!

No comments:

Post a Comment