Monday, August 8, 2011

New Deals At Alfalfa's

I finally got my hands on the current set of sales at Alfalfa's that started last week and runs all the way through August 30th. Deals that particularly appeal to me include Kenai Peninsula sockeye salmon at $10.99 a pound (while supplies last), organic cluster tomatoes at $2.49 a pound, organic pluots for $1.99 a pound, and select Rudi's organic breads at $3.49 a loaf. Stonyfield Organic's Oikos Greek yogurts are pretty good at $1.25 each (although I've seen lower), Alfalfa's homemade spring mix penne pasta is $3 off at $4.99 a pound, and Diestal honey roasted turkey appeals at $8.99 a pound. If you've never tried one of Alfalfa's homemade wood-fired pizzas, you've been missing out, and now's the time, with a 12-inch cheese pizza on sale for $7.99, with additional toppings $1.25 each. They have a special salumi-style pepperoni that is to die for.

2 comments:

  1. Any word on what the particular qualities of Kenai Peninsula sockeye salmon are?

    PS: So fun to be able to comment now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not aware that I've ever had it, but it's usually a good sign when a salmon touts its provenance. Maybe somebody else has tried it? (The limited fish I've bought so far from Alfalfa's has all been excellent.)

    Yes, keep those comments coming!

    ReplyDelete