Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One-Day Sale at Whole Foods Today

Our local Whole Foods stores are offering us a quintet of specials for today only, the 2nd, on this snowy Boulder morning. Get your "last salmon catch of the season," with fresh keta salmon at $8.99 a pound. Those getting into a Thanksgiving mood will be enthused about Nature's Rancher turkeys for $1.49 a pound, 50 cents off. Also on sale are select marinades from Cindy's Kitchen, half off at $1.99 each, Allegro's breakfast blend coffee $7.99 each ($5 off), and Spry Xylitol gum half off at $4.49 (that must be some gum!). But drive carefully out there.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    What are your thoughts in general about keta salmon (aka chum salmon or dog salmon)? When I've had it in the past, it's seemed pretty bland, and I understand it has a lesser amount of EFAs.

    On the other hand, I'm becoming a bigger and bigger fan of Whole Foods for fresh fish (as you've mentioned, "I've never had a bad fish from Whole Foods!"). And we probably won't be seeing much fresh salmon after this....

    Your take, Ms. Highly Valued Opinion Sharer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, here I am practically put on a pedestal, then have to admit that I don't think I've ever even had keta salmon. I would trust your highly refined salmon sensibilities. I'm not going to be able to get to the one-day sale today, but if I could, I think that for Whole Foods' quality, an $8.99/lb investment would be worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete