Friday, February 24, 2012

Dinner Plans In Chaos

I usually post Friday through Sunday dinner plans on Fridays, but it's looking like that's not going to happen this week. With sincere apologies to those who impressively actually look for those posts, a power outage caused by Boulder's windstorm Wednesday is wreaking havoc with my planning. We were without power for the better part of two days, and with it restored, I'm now assessing the damage to the contents of my fridge and scrambling to rearrange. One possible upside was that the experiment with the simmered cabbage Shan style didn't get made, to the seeming relief of my family. Organized thinking hopefully to follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. As Ryan Gosling would say, "hey girl...I'm amazed that you've been able to post anything, considering your situation!"

    Ryan and I feel for you and wish you a speedy and organized recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl...I like your comment style. All is pretty much back together, and home cooking is back in action. But if anyone should happen to be looking for good takeout food in east Boulder (we did two dinners as takeout when I couldn't cook), I highly recommend KT's BBQ at 75th and Arapahoe, and Lee Yuan's Chinese restaurant in the Meadows shopping center at Baseline and Foothills. I've been around Boulder long enough to remember Lee Yuan's before there was a Meadows complex. Back then it was a standalone shop at Baseline and Mohawk, named Lee Yuan's Burger Hut. It actually started as a burger joint run by a Chinese family that served great Chinese food as an alternative to the burgers! Lee Yuan's has evolved into a Chinese restaurant with tablecloths et al, but I think fondly of its origins as a burger joint.

    ReplyDelete