Friday, February 10, 2012

Weekend Dinner Ideas

With a busy Friday ahead, I'll need to come up with my dinner ideas at a lightning pace. For tonight, the $1.99 ground turkey sale at Sunflower is making me think of spicy turkey burgers from Bon Appetit. I think I might have actually made these in the past few weeks, but they're good, they're quick, they're light and spicy, so they'll be on deck again.

For tomorrow, ever since the current Whole Foods sale came out with organic collard greens for $1.99 a bunch, I've had baked rigatoni with ricotta and collard greens on my mind. I like to make it with the organic whole wheat pasta line that Sunflower sells for less than $1.50 a one pound package (I think they do rigatoni, and they definitely have the very similar penne).

Moving on to Sunday, this may sound hypocritical once I reveal my purist Valentine's Day thinking, but I'm planning on a steak for the weekend, either the boneless ribeye at Sprouts for $5.99 a pound or the filet mignon at Sunflower for $9.99 a pound. That sort of dinner demands a baked potato, and both Sprouts (by the five pound bag) and Sunflower (by the pound) have good prices on organic russets this week. A baked organic potato topped with Straus European style nonfat plain yogurt isn't so decadent. And of course Sprouts and Sunflower are warring with asparagus under $1 a pound this week to go on the side. Call it a sort of precursor of Valentine's Day, if you will.

Which gets us very quickly through the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment