Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This Week's Hot New Grocery Deals

We have a new sale starting today at our Boulder Sprouts, while current sales continue at Vitamin Cottage (through December 15th) and Whole Foods (through the 11th).  (Scroll down for those reports - I'm short on time for linking.)

At Sprouts' new sale through the 12th, I'm liking chicken breast tenders at $1.99 a pound, boneless London broil for $2.99 a pound, and stew beef for $3.99 a pound.  In fresh farmed Atlantic salmon, fillets are $5.99 a pound, while steaks are $4.99 a pound.  They also have wild Alaskan sockeye salmon (presumably previously frozen) for $9.99 a pound, but stay tuned for a possible one-day Friday sale I'm trying to confirm at Whole Foods that's even better than that.

Sprouts is continuing to stick with the two-page flyer format they introduced last week, which means we don't get all that info we used to about organic veggie sales.  I can only report that organic Hass avocados are 99 cents each and a four pound bag of organic Valencia oranges is $2.50.  Conventional avocados, on sale for 49 cents through today, will bump up to 77 cents tomorrow (always a price of interest to my avocado-aficionado and blog-reading friend Ms. A., whom I miss seeing nearly daily, due to a change in our schedules.  Hi, Ms. A.!).  Elsewhere in the store, Horizon Organic milk is good at $3 for a half gallon, but Whole Foods' own 365 organic brand is lower than that every day.  Mozzarella Fresca fresh mozzarella balls are also appealing at $3.50 for eight ounces.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eileen,
    Thank you for your shout out! I'm still regularly reading away, so I still get to "see" you every day though not literally (I'm sad to say). I'm glad to have a way to keep in touch, and your posts are always so relevant to my needs...I especially look forward to your comments on the one-day Whole Foods sales, which are amazing sometimes.

    Keep up the good work and know I'm still out here appreciating you on a daily basis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ms. A. I hope you'll like the news about the salmon sale Friday at Whole Foods!

      Delete