Friday, December 14, 2012

Weekend Dinner Ideas

Super quick post.  At a busy time, we'll go for convenience tonight, doing the stuffed chicken breasts Sprouts already has prepared for $2.99 a pound.  I've had good luck with the ones at the Baseline store, although I haven't tried the ones at the former Sunflower.

For tomorrow, with grass-fed organic ground beef half off at Sprouts (along with their other ground meats), I'm thinking about doing something I haven't made forever, layered enchilada casserole from Bon Appetit.  Wow, that was published back in 1996.

I should be thinking very easy for Sunday, but with Christmas fast approaching, I can't resist cracking open my venerable Bon Appetit Christmas book to do smoky split pea and root vegetable soup from Bon Appetit.  This one goes back so far, it hasn't been officially posted by Bon Appetit, but it has made its way around the web in numerous places, like here.  Considering split peas don't really take all that long to cook, this should get us in a festive mood (it appears in the Carolers' Warm-Up menu in the Christmas book), while not taking terribly long.  And Whole Foods has their fabulous baguettes on sale for $1.50 to go along with it, plus a salad, of course.

So that's the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment