Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekday Dinner Ideas

Tis the season to have way too much to do, so we'll basically ditch the recipes for this week, plus this blog post will be super-speedy.  Doesn't help anybody else, but since I have so many containers of pesto from this summer's basil plants in my freezer, tomorrow will be a simple pasta with pesto.

Tuesday is our usual reheat of something big made over the weekend, which this week is tonight's chicken posole from Food and Wine magazine.

For Wednesday, with basil or parmesan chicken sausage $2.99 a pound and fresh mozzarella $3.50 at Sprouts through that day, that says to me, make a pizza.  I love the multi-grain fresh dough from Whole Foods as a base; I know there are no additives in it, and it spreads out to fill an entire rimmed baking sheet, which makes a ton of pizza, good for quick lunches as leftovers.

For Thursday?  I don't know yet!  It will be something quick, maybe even basic turkey burgers, or a tuna casserole improvised using Annie's fabulous mac 'n cheese, which always turns out well in a flash.

Onward to the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment