Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Amazing Heritage Apple Class

Wow, this puts the two humble apple trees I have in my yard almost to shame. The Whole Foods on Pearl Street will host a two-part class on heritage apples with the Montezuma Orchard Restoration Project this Saturday, the 2nd. The first part, from 10 to 11 am, is a free brief history of apples in Colorado. The second part, from 11 to noon, is where it gets really interesting: a grafting workshop. It's free to observe, $40 donation to MORP to participate (20 spots max). Paying participants will receive four rootstock per person and a bunch of other things, leaving them ready to take their four heritage trees home with knowledge of whip and tongue grafting, and how to care for and manage the trees. Email RM.NORCO.COMMUNITY@wholefoods.com to reserve a spot as a participant (no sign-up needed to observe).

And I take back my snark about my own apple trees - they've been there since the dawn of time as far as I know, so perhaps they are in fact heritage!

No comments:

Post a Comment