Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bittman for Cheap

Such a short life cycle books can have these days. Mark Bittman is my hero for his minimalist cooking approach, and his How To Cook Everything cookbook (a bit presumptuously titled) really gets a workout in my house. He's published a number of spinoffs, and one from last year, Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express, has hit the bargain bin at Amazon, selling for $10.40. (It ships for free if you have a $25 purchase or sign up for a trial of Amazon Prime.) I love Bittman's 101 ideas columns that he publishes in the New York Times, and it sounds like this book is along the same lines: 404 ideas for seasonal dishes that can be prepared in less than 20 minutes (which for me usually means 30 or 40 minutes), using concepts rather than exact measurements. At $10.40, I might have to indulge.

No comments:

Post a Comment