Thursday, June 24, 2010

Broadway Whole Foods Closure Sale

Many, many thanks to my friend Ms. A. for telling me about the big sale happening at the Whole Foods store on Broadway. I've mentioned before that the store is slated to return to its original roots as Alfalfa's in the coming months, and the approval to go ahead was recently reported in the Daily Camera. With the store's July 2nd closure as a Whole Foods rapidly approaching, Ms. A. informed me that everything in the whole store is 30% off, with a further discount possible as the closure approaches. I got there today, and while the shelves are emptying rapidly, there were still smart finds to be had. I stocked up on staples like bottles of peppercorns and herbs, clam juice, boxed broth, and the like. Also picked up a couple of nice, reusable produce bags to cut down on plastic use. If you have friends/relatives who still prefer a paper birthday card, the greetings card racks were practically fully stocked. And the frozen food cases still contained quite a bit, as did health and beauty. Thanks so much for the tip, Ms. A.! I'm looking forward to the return of Alfalfa's, where I shopped faithfully in the 80s. What a long, strange trip it's been, Alfalfa's morphing into Wild Oats morphing into Whole Foods, transforming itself back to Alfalfa's, whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment