Thursday, June 24, 2010

Food to Feed an Army

Goodness, last night's sausage with lentils and spinach made enough to feed a small army, soup kitchen, or family reunion. This is the second time I've made the recipe, and have never found the brown lentils it calls for in the stores I usually frequent. The first time I substituted French green lentils and found the timing to cook them was way off. This time I substituted regular green lentils, and the timing was again way off, needing more like 45 minutes, rather than the 18 minutes in the recipe, for the lentils to be cooked. Aside from that, the recipe is really good and makes just a ton of food. A reheat for another dinner with definitely have to happen later in the week. Speaking of which, I'd better get planning those dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment